Quad Bike Courses
Our quad bike training courses in Devon and across the South West are designed for professional Sit-Astride ATV operators and provide clients with full reporting, including the Lantra-Awards Quad Bike Certificate.
We can either visit your operators in the workplace, using the machines they will be working with, ensuring their familiarisation with their quad bikes, or train them at our Lantra-Awards approved venue.
Training two novice operators or assessing up to four experienced operators in a day, we can ensure that the training has a minimal impact on your timescales. Designed to assist your PUWER compliance, this course covers all the elements recommended by the HSE (see the HSE Agricultural Information Sheet for ATVs – AIS33) and is recognised by government, industry, military and most major landowners.
Costs will vary from £300-£600 for a day of training, depending on venue, travel and machine requirements, with certificate costs of £35/candidate.
The Lantra-Awards Sit-Astride ATV course is designed to enable successful operators to:
- comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on Safe Practice
- identify the risks associated with using a sit-astride ATV
- select and use appropriate P.P.E.
- understand the main causes of accidents
- identify the controls and components
- understand the function of all instruments
- carry out daily checks as indicated in the Operator’s Manual
- carry out appropriate pre-start checks
- identify and report any faults
- start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- carry out a ‘Failed Hill’ climb (full course only)
- carry out a Risk Assessment and plan the route
- operate the Sit-astride ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain (full course only)
- identify loading/towing capacities
- drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course)
- load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate)
- understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
- identify track profile and weight transfer
- load and unload machine from trailer/lorry (if required)
For more information about our quad bike and ATV training courses, please contact us: